The Importance of an Online Presence for Businesses

Social media has blown up in the last ten years alone and it has caused a shift in terms of what businesses (large and small) need to do in order to cater to their target market to advertise and expand. The internet's growing usage along with the use of social media has become a second nature to those who depend on it to figure out what the best business offers the best products and/or services. 

Now, when you find a business for lets say, the best Mexican food in an unfamiliar area, you'd be presented with options that include ratings and you would use that to make a decision (or at least it'll influence you). I have lived in Ypsilanti for four years and now that I've recently adopted a couple cats, I wanted to find the best veterinary hospital that fits my budget, yet has quality service for the sake of my cats' health. When I would google animal hospitals, I came upon one and I checked their website to see how well it was put together (because sometimes I feel like a business would invest in a good online presence to reflect who they are, much like a resume), along with their reviews and services. I didn't know a lot of people with pets in the area so I wasn't able to ask for their recommendation (which word of mouth advertising is always a great traditional form) so I had to rely on what the internet offered me. 

In this day and age, it's vital to solidify a business's reputation and brand through an online presence. It has transformed the way we view and think about businesses and wouldn't you think twice if a business did not have contact information, a website, or anything available through the internet? Wouldn't that be a little...sketchy? Then again you might consider the ma and pa shops who don't use social media or the internet to get by, so it's about finding that balance. 

Comments

Popular Posts